This article will guide you through the process of enabling the Rx Prescription Module for clinicians in your practice on SigmaMD. It's a straightforward process that can be easily completed by the practice administrator.
Step 1: Complete the Practice Intake Form
1. Visit the Practice Intake Form
2. Fill out the necessary details and include the credentials for each clinician who needs access to the prescribing module.
Step 2: Dr. First Setup
A member of our support team will establish your practice within Dr. First (one time) and add the prescribing clinicians to this practice.
Step 3: Complete Identity Proofing (IDP)
You will receive an IDP email from Dr. First or their IDP partner, Experian.
For Non-Controlled Substances
- Refer to this Dr. First article for the step-by-step IDP instructions.
- Upon successful completion of the IDP steps, you will receive a confirmation code via email. Forward this code to SigmaMD support.
For Controlled Substances
- Refer to this Dr. First article for step-by-step IDP instructions.
- We recommend using the Symantec soft token to complete the IDP steps.
- An additional step referred to as Logical Access Control is required to enable Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS). Contact our support team to complete this step.
After completing these steps, a support team member will notify you when the Rx module is enabled for each prescribing clinician. If you need to disable the prescription module for any clinician, please contact our support team for assistance. For any other questions or additional help, feel free to reach out to our support team.