Finding a Pharmacy
Launch the Dr. First modal and locate the Pharmacy drop-down menu on the main screen. This menu holds up to five pharmacies for each patient.
Adding a Pharmacy
- Click on the Pharmacy drop-down menu, then select "Browse Pharmacy."
- Filter your search by checking the appropriate boxes on the left.
- Enter details like the pharmacy's Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, and Fax.
- Click the search icon to conduct your search.
- Select the pharmacy you wish to add.
Adding to Favorites
To add a pharmacy to your favorites, follow the steps for adding a pharmacy. In the list of search results, hover over the star icon next to the pharmacy you want to add to your favorites. Click it, and it will be added to your favorite pharmacies list.
Removing a Pharmacy
- Click on the Pharmacy drop-down menu.
- Select the pharmacy you wish to remove.
- Click on the trash icon, then confirm the deletion.
Splitting a Prescription Between Two Pharmacies
- On the Prescribe Medication widget while prescribing a medication, click the "+ Split" button next to the Pharmacy dropdown menu.
- Enter the required information for both sections that appear.
- Click the "Review" button to proceed.
Adding a Custom Pharmacy
If you don't find the pharmacy you're looking for, you can manually add it by selecting the "My Pharmacy is not listed" option. Enter all the required pharmacy information and save. Please note that prescriptions sent electronically to a custom pharmacy will be faxed.
Sending Prescriptions to a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- On main screen of the Dr. First modal, click the Pharmacy drop-down menu and choose "Browse Pharmacy".
- Select the "Mail Order" checkbox for Pharmacy Type when searching for a pharmacy.
- You can now select this mail-order pharmacy when creating or sending a prescription.
That's all you need to know to effectively manage pharmacies and prescriptions in DrFirst. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our support team.