Documenting patient encounters with accuracy and timeliness is crucial. Once you've documented the patient's condition, treatments, or any other relevant details in the note, it's essential to sign off to authenticate and finalize the information. Here's how you can swiftly and securely sign a note in SigmaMD:
1. Auto-Save Feature
- While drafting your notes, rest assured that SigmaMD's intelligent system auto-saves your progress. This ensures that you won't lose any critical information due to unforeseen interruptions or errors.
2. Signing the Note
- Once you've completed documenting the necessary information, navigate to the bottom right of the notes section. Here, you'll find the Sign note button.
- Click on this button to sign off on the note. This action affirms the note's accuracy and your approval of its content.
3. Post-Signing Visualization
- After signing, the note transitions to a 'view mode'. This mode provides a clearer, uneditable view of the content.
- Additionally, in the header, you'll observe a timestamp, signifying the exact moment of signing. It will display in the format: Signed by [clinician name] on [date] at [time]. For instance: Signed by Dr. Jane Smith on 10/16/2023 at 11:37 PM.
4. Patient Accessibility
- Post signing, the note becomes accessible to the patient. They can view this authenticated note via the SigmaMD patient mobile app, ensuring transparency and patient involvement in their care.
5. Editing the Signed Note
- If necessary, you can edit the signed note at a later time. This ensures that any subsequent developments or clarifications can be included.
- To learn more about the note editing process, click here.
Finalizing your patient encounters with a signature not only ensures the validity and accuracy of the note but also emphasizes your commitment to transparency and excellence in patient care.